Speaker: Academician Chang-Chyi Tsuei
Host: Director Chia-Seng Chang (Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica)
Time: 14:30, Thursday, July 18, 2019
Place: 1F Auditorium, Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica
Topics to be discussed include:
- My encounter with Professor Richard P. Feynman during my first Physics Department Colloquium talk at Caltech in 1971.
- Giant Kondo Effect in amorphous alloys rapidly cooled at 106 K/sec from the liquid state.
- Direct observation of the half-integer magnetic flux quantum effect, and establishing the d-wave pairing symmetry in high-temperature copper-oxide superconductors.
- A romantic letter I received from Ms. Maggie Monopole on Valentine’s Day (Feb. 14, 1985).
- Are there similarities and differences between the research environments of Caltech and IBM Watson Research Center? Can we build such a research atmosphere here at Academia Sinica?
Contact: Ms.Chung, +886-2-2789-8365, firstname.lastname@example.org