Free cancer screenings hosted by the Nangang District Health Center and the Academia Sinica Infirmary are open Academia Sinica employees and their dependents. Free screening services include breast, cervical and colorectal screenings.
Date and Time:
(1) Tuesday, September 10, 9:00-12:00
(2) Friday, September 20, 9:00-12:00
Venue: Academia Sinica Infirmary (located on the first floor of the Gymnasium)
- Pap Smear: for women aged 30-70: once a year
- Mammogram: for women aged 45-69 or those aged 40-44 with family history of breast cancer in second-degree relatives: once every 2 years
- Colorectal Cancer Screening (fecal occult blood test): for men and women aged 50-74: once every 2 years
- Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar and Blood Cholesterol Screenings (limited to Taipei City citizens aged 40 or above, once a year)
Sponsor: Nangang District Health Center, Taipei City; Academia Sinica Infirmary.
To make an appointment for a Pap smear or mammogram, please sign up by September 5 by calling the following number: 2789-9437. Other screenings can be registered for on site.
- Please bring your ARC Card and NHI IC Card for identity verification.
- Women coming in for a Pap smear should please wear a skirt.
To ensure that your Pap smear is most effective, please follow these tips prior to your test: Avoid intercourse, douching, or using any vaginal medicine or spermicidal foams, creams or jellies two days ahead of time, as these may wash away or obscure abnormal cells. Please avoid having the test during your period.